Arizona Center for Cancer Care has brought together the top specialists in cancer treatment, technology and research in order to provide the most cutting-edge, patient-focused service in the state – and beyond.
- Language(s): English, Hindi and Spanish
- College: Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College
- Medical School: Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College
- Internship: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Residency: Government Medical College and University of Texas Medical Branch
- Fellowship: UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine
Dr. Anjali R. Iyengar specializes in adult hematology, adult medical oncology and internal medicine. Her special interests include breast cancer and colon cancer.
Dr. Iyengar joined Arizona Center for Cancer Care in 2009. She received both her Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Medicine degree from Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College in India. She completed her residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, where she was a two-time National “Medical Jeopardy” champion. Dr. Iyengar subsequently completed her fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, where she would eventually serve as chief fellow. Prior experience includes time as assistant professor of Hematology/Oncology at UT Southwestern Medical Center as well as the Dallas VA Medical Center, where she was active in clinical research and teaching.
Currently, Dr. Iyengar is a member of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Oncology.
Dr. Iyengar is certified by the American Board of Hematology, American Board of Oncology and American Board of Internal Medicine